"Access to Affordable, Reliable, Sustainable Energy Makes Modern Life Possible For All."
While the gap between energy consumption and energy generation continues to increase, having access to affordable and reliable energy is essential to improving the quality of life for individuals living in America and abroad. Natural resources are materials from the earth that people use to meet their needs.
The U.S. has an abundance of natural resources including natural gas, petroleum and coal, these resources will provide lower energy costs for Americans, protect our energy security and further strengthen our energy independence.
Access to affordable energy makes life better and safer, it is necessary to support all sectors including businesses, medicine, education, agriculture, infrastructure, communications and technology.
For decades fossil fuels such as natural gas, petroleum and coal have been major sources of electricity production. Fossil fuels will continue to play a major role even as we transition to renewable sources of energy.
THE NEED FOR NATURAL GAS:
- Natural gas is the most environmentally friendly fossil fuel because it burns cleaner
- Natural gas is affordable and extremely reliable
- Natural gas is the path to lower CO2 emissions worldwide
THE NEED FOR PETROLEUM:
- Access to petroleum would lower gasoline prices
- Access to petroleum would lead to more jobs and careers
- Access to petroleum would reduce dependence on foreign oil and increase energy security
THE NEED FOR COAL:
- America has the world's largest reserves of coal
- Coal is American made and the cheapest source of energy
- Coal still provides 27% of U.S. electricity generation and 35% of Global electricity generation